Cathartic Writings

Cathartic Writings

martes, 24 de mayo de 2011

A word is enough to the Wise


Proverbs, sayings or aphorisms captivated me since I was a child. I remember one of them that I always heard while I grew up: “A word is enough to the wise”. It means if you are smart you don’t need many explanations because with few words you will understand whatever people are saying. In its Spanish version: “A buen entendedor, pocas palabras bastan” it means “to a person who is able to understand well, few words are enough”. These proverbs show that in different languages and cultures across the world, if you want to be considered a wise person, you shouldn’t expect lots of words to do your job or to go into action. Even here or in the China, just pay a little attention and then go and do what you have to do!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Seguidores